Real-Time Streaming of Oral Arguments
Real-Time Access to Oral Arguments as They HappenThe DC Court of Appeals (DCCA) now provides real-time access to audio of oral arguments.
The Court operates two courtrooms: most arguments are held in the Court of Appeals’ Main Courtroom. On occasion, the Court holds arguments in its Ceremonial Courtroom; for example, en banc arguments (those arguments when all 9 judges hear the case, not just a panel of 3 judges) are held in the Ceremonial Courtroom.
- Click here to access the live audio stream from the Court of Appeals’ Main Courtroom.
Ceremonial Courtroom Stream
- To view the stream on mobile devices such as Android, Blackberry, and RTSP compatible devices click here.
Important Things to Note:
- Video broadcasts can now be viewed on all media platforms, such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and other mobile devices.
- Occasionally the Court of Appeals will stream video as well as audio from the Ceremonial Courtroom. Please consult the calendar to find the date and time of scheduled oral arguments.
- Streams become active approximately 5 minutes before the beginning of oral arguments. If you encounter technical difficulties accessing the streams, you may contact support personnel at (202) 879-2737 or (202) 626-8849.
- If the stream you are accessing stops or becomes garbled, please refresh your browser window.
- The Court of Appeals has contracted for a specified number of simultaneous users to access this service. If that number is exceeded, you will get a message that indicates that the server is full. The Court will monitor usage and increase the number of permissible simultaneous users if demand warrants such an increase.