Chief Judge Lee F. Satterfield
Chief Judge Lee F. Satterfield - PDFs
- Advocates ignore juveniles' safety, and DC Superior Court rehabilitation programs
I have read with interest the recent articles and opinion pieces on the topic of using safety restraints on juvenile offenders, including: "D.C. defense attorneys want juveniles released from shackles in court" on August 24, 2014 by Keith Alexander; "Shackling D.C. juvenile offenders should not be routine" on September 8, 2014 by the Editorial Board;
- Four More Years
It's official: District of Columbia Superior Court Chief Judge Lee Satterfield is in charge for another four years. Satterfield, who re-applied for his job uncontested earlier this year, was sworn in to a second term as chief judge on September 27 during an employee-recognition program at the courthouse.
- Superior Court Chief Judge Appointed for a Second Term
District of Columbia Superior Court Chief Judge Lee Satterfield will serve a second four-year term as head of the city's local trial court, according to a release today from the District of Columbia Judicial Nomination Commission.
- Four More Years!
For D.C.'s Top Judge, That Is
The District's top jurist is getting another four years on the bench, D.C. Courts announced today. Lee Satterfield, the chief judge of D.C. Superior Court, was reappointed to the post...
- Chief Judge Satterfield appointed to a 2nd Term as Chief Judge – PRESS RELEASE July 26, 2012
The D.C. Judicial Nomination Commission today announced that it had reappointed Chief Judge Lee F. Satterfield, a life-long DC resident, to a second four-year term as Chief Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Chief Judge Satterfield - Bio
In November 1992, President George Bush appointed Judge Satterfield to the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. He was sworn-in as Chief Judge on September 24, 2008.
Judge Satterfield was born in the District of Columbia. He graduated from St. John’s College High School in 1976 and from the University of Maryland in 1980 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics.
- Chief Judge Satterfield’s Notice of Candidacy
Statement of Interest of the Honorable Lee F. Satterfield in support of request for re-designation as Chief Judge of the Superior Court of the District OF Columbia
Full Statement... and Appendices
- Chief Judge Satterfield Talks with Delia Goncalves about the Challenges of Handling Domestic Violence Cases
In a rare interview, Chief Satterfield opens up about the courts' Domestic Violence Unit which began in 1996. The Chief has been on the front lines of domestic violence in the courts.
- Profile of Chief Judge Satterfield in DC Bar magazine
A Conversation with Chief Judge Lee F. Satterfield
- Washington Post’s First Person Singular: Lee F. Satterfield
First Person Singular: Lee F. Satterfield, 53, Washington, chief judge, D.C. Superior Court
- Chief Judge Satterfield Talks with Mark Segraves on NewsPlus
- Chief Judge Satterfield interviewed for Afghan television, explaining the American Justice System
Courtesy of American Abroad Media