Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division
- Jeannie M. Adams, Director
- The Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division (Multi-Door) helps parties settle disputes through mediation and other types of appropriate dispute resolution (ADR), including arbitration, case evaluation and conciliation. The name "Multi-Door" comes from the multi-door courthouse concept, which envisions one courthouse with multiple dispute resolution doors or programs. Cases are referred through the appropriate door for resolution. The goals of a multi-door approach are to provide residents with easy access to justice, reduce delay, and provide links to related services, making more options available through which disputes can be resolved. The Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division of the D.C. Superior Court assists parties to reach agreements that meet their interests, preserve relationships, and save time and money. Our mediators and dispute resolution specialists are trained at Multi-Door to serve in a wide range of cases, from civil to small claims, to family.
The Multi-Door Dispute Resolution Division is located at 410 E Street NW, in Court Building C.
Hours of OperationOffice hours 8:30 to 5:00,
- Mediation hours 9:00 to 3:30
- Additional Family mediation evening hours - 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
Dispute Resolution Programs
Information About Programs Note
- Information about individual dispute resolution programs can be accessed through our Public Mediation page.